- 13 3/4 oz Chicken Broth or 3 cubes of Chicken Bouillon in 12-14 oz of water
- 3 medium potatoes, diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt (or less)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 10 oz frozen asparagus or as much fresh asparagus as you prefer
- 2 cups light cream
- One (1) 4 oz package whipped cream cheese
- In a saucepan, mix broth, potatoes, onion, salt, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 5-8 minutes until potatoes are barely tender.
- Add frozen asparagus (precook if using fresh asparagus) and return to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes until tender.
- Blend together whipped cream cheese and light cream. Stir into soup until melted. DO NOT BOIL.
*Tastes better if prepared a day in advance!